- The Medical & Scientific Relations (MSR) function in the business unit Rare Disease is a field-based role responsible to create scientific partnership with local KOLs through a qualified approach that results in access and advocacy based on scientific evidences.
- In addition, he/she is the country point of accountability for medical and scientific issues and initiatives related to therapeutic area.
- The MSR is accountable for executing the country medical plan that supports the strategic operating goals for the business.
Organizational Relationships (including role to which the position reports):
- Reports to the Nordic Sub Cluster Lead
Resources Managed (budget and FTE’s):
- Project budget within medical plan
- Develop and consolidate a network of relationships with the KOL and Scientific Institutions at the local level, sharing the wealth of knowledge and technical skills in order to support the scientific and medical leadership of the company
- Disseminate scientific information to scientific community through 'Medical to Medical communication' (individual meetings and group), in line with company procedures
- Preparation of scientific talks and presentations.
- Ensure that new clinical data on Pfizer medicine are promptly disseminated in the most accurate manner, compliant with the label of the product
- Be the in-field medical expert in the area
- Active preparation and participation in local field based symposia, opinion leaders meetings and advisory boards.
- Provide support for adequate IIR/NIS studies/ Research grants planning and management
- Internal discussion of RG/IIRs proposal with above country medical team and submission them into INSPIIRE.
- Management of post-marketing studies (clinical trials, observational /pharmacoepidemiological studies) to ensure that are in compliance with internal policy and European / local regulation
- Manage in a way compliant with laws and Pfizer policy, the unsolicited queries on off label use of drugs
- Support internal training of customer facing commercial colleagues, enhancing their knowledge and understanding of clinical data and our medicines.
- Observation and assessment of competitor drugs.
- Keep internal activities and field visits correctly tracked through periodic metric reports
- Ensures conduct of work in line with compliance regulations
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Medical or higher scientific qualification
- Master in the Pharma Industry, Biotechnology or others desirable
- Proven experience in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology company within a MSR/MSL
- Fluent Norwegian language plus fluency in business English
- An in-depth knowledge of the therapy area, the relevant medicines in the portfolio and the pipeline
- Profound knowledge of the relevant and applicable Codes of Practice, SOPs, regulations and guidelines across country / cluster
- A good understanding of clinical research and the ability to critically evaluate clinical study protocols, reports and publications
- Business acumen
- Ability to communicate clearly information and concepts which may be complex in nature
- Role modeling, upholding values, adhering to high standards
- Profound knowledge of pharmacovigilance and regulatory legislation and how it impacts the product portfolio
- Comprehensive understanding of drug development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (scientific and non-scientific)
- Travel is essential as it is a field-based role. Possesses valid driver’s license
- Working knowledge of Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety, Legal and compliance
- Strong customer orientation, science based
- Strong project management skills and capacity to work under strict deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a multi-functional team
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Computer skills
- Good understanding of the local healthcare environment at national and regional level
- Good understanding of drug development, clinical research, medical decision making and health environment
- Good knowledge of pharmacovigilance and regulatory legislation and how it impacts the product portfolio