We have an immediate need for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join its product development team.
- BS, MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design. CAD (SolidWorks, ProE, etc.) and FEA software.
- 5+ years of design experience, ideally developing catheter-based medical devices.
- Documented track record of successful product development, from concept to production.
- Experienced in developing and characterizing complex designs, with ability to investigate and resolve performance related root-causes.
- Understanding of fabrication methods. System-level thinking for optimization of complex designs to create desired product performance.
- Strong knowledge to design or engage with vendors on tool design and assembly process/equipment development.
- Experience designing tooling and fixtures used in manual and semi-automatic precision assembly of delicate components.
- Experience incorporating computer controlled micropositioning [XYZϴ]-stages into assembly process tooling.
- Demonstrated ability to develop plastic and metal parts, micro-electronic packages, miniature components, connectors and cables.
- Experience transferring designs and processes to manufacturing; including both turnkey manufacturers as well as component suppliers.
- Broad product development experience including leadership, project management and vendor management.
- Excellent communication skill-set, including an ability to communicate well in English, both written and spoken.
Candidate must have a desire to work in a results-oriented culture that fosters team spirit, innovation, and a can-do attitude. It is also necessary to have the ability to work independently, in a team setting, and perform multiple simultaneous substantial projects.
The position is full-time and permanent. Salaries are competitive.
Women are encouraged to apply.