We have an immediate need for an experienced software (SW) Engineer to develop software for our products.
You will be working closely with our cross-functional product engineering teams of photonics and electrical engineers, and following SW development lifecycle, define, develop, validate, deploy and maintain software to make our products a technical, clinical and market success.
- PhD or MSc in CS, and 5+ years of experience, ideally developing system-level high-tech medical products with significant SW and embedded SW component
- Knowledge of software development life cycle, source code management, requirements management, and defect tracking systems
- High-level knowledge of design principles for both hardware and software engineering
- Working knowledge and use of regulatory requirements as applicable to medical products with significant electronic and software content such as IEC 60601 (safety and effectiveness), IEC 62304 (medical device SW lifecycle processes), ISO 14971 (application of risk management to medical devices), and ISO 13485 (QMS).
- Strong background in software design and architecture using best practices
- Ability to manage SW environment development tools
- Experience in developing interface design, integration to hardware, data storage, Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and cyber security solutions
- Medical Device new product introduction experience - ISO 13485
- Ability to fully support R&D and Quality by building quality into all aspects of work and by maintaining compliance to all standard operating procedures
- Will also be responsible for creating and implementing SW testing and reliability metrics and quality systems to facilitate ISO 13485 certification.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and ability to communicate well in English, both written and spoken
Candidate must have a desire to work in a results-oriented culture that fosters team spirit, innovation, and a can-do attitude. It is also necessary to have the ability to work independently, in a team setting, and perform multiple simultaneous substantial projects.
The position is full-time and permanent. Salaries are competitive.
Women are encouraged to apply.